Monday, May 23, 2011

Patience Pays Off

FINALLY! After 3 months of intense job searching, lots of networking, and tons of patience, I finally landed a hospital RN job! I have been working as a home health nurse but I really wanted to be in the hospital. The job is at Northern Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, CO. It is a Banner facility which are huge in Arizona. I will be working on Medical (general patients)/Telemetry (people who need constant heart monitoring) unit. I am so excited to be working with a lot of different patients and a pretty awesome schedule. I work 3 days a week, 12 hr nights. At first I was a little unsure about working the night shift but when they told me that I would get paid a lot more, I said SIGN ME UP! I have prayed a lot and tried to stay positive when I knew I didn't want to. I had so much support from my loving husband and friends and family who helped me with connections and advice. Here is the hospital and some fast facts:
Northern Colorado Medical Center


Number of patient beds: 398
Number of inpatient visits: 16,234
Number of Emergency department visits: 54,038
Number of babies delivered: 2032
Number of employees: 2,200
Number of physicians on medical staff: 258 active staff physicians including primary care and specialty physicians
Number of volunteers: 435


The hospital is pretty big which is awesome because that means there will be tons of other opportunities down the road if I want to choose a different part of nursing. Geeze I am so excited. Sometimes it just hits me and I say wow, I got the job!!!!!

I am so excited to start this new chapter in life and all the other opportunities that it will bring for me and my hubby!


Next, on the list: donate my hair to locks of love :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay Congrats!!!!!
    Oh boy I can't wait to see pisc of the new hair. You better takes lots to show off!!! :)

    p.s. make sure the stylist to experienced doing this & knows what they r doing!!!

    ReplyDelete